Saturday, November 27, 2010

Trying to figure out!!!!!

Most of the people who read this blog are quite aware about my profession, and those who are not might have known after reading the earlier posts that i am a recruitment consultant (hey guys!!! don't get bored by the mention of that thing again & again, the post is about something else).

During the course of my training i was suppose to interact with lots of industry people, carrying out some kinda research on companies  and all. I made many friends doing all that, some who were searching for jobs, some who were interested in knowing current trends in industry, some wanted jobs for there friends ,relatives etc.

This post is dedicated to one such person i met during that time( need to give him a pseudo name, since "X" got used up last time, lets keep it "Y", i have a maths background afterall.!!!!). So continuing the story, now u will think why to write specially about him, if there are so many of them, the reason to this is that probably he is one of the most unpredictable personalities i ve ever met in my life, and the kind of acquaintanceship that i share with him is totally different from anything i have had earlier.


"Y" helped me out in doing research on the company he was working in, and he helped me with all possible info, and that too besides the fact that he was nowhere looking for a job, had never met me, never talked to me, didn't knew me at all. The simple reason that he gave me was, that, "i know how it is when you are in your training periods and all, i have also gone through that." and i was like: hmmm!!!!!! impressive.:)

Later on we used to chat casually ,and one thing that i found different in him was that unlike the others, who keep on eulogizing stuff about gals they talk to, he used to actually critisize me( i know he is not gonna agree to this point!!!!), but it used to make me feel as if i am with some of my old school buddies, who ll  find wrong things about you so correctly, all for your good of course. "Y" as i said has always been a confusing personality for me, he was sometimes rude,sometimes helpful,sometimes came across as a thorough professional and sometimes very immature (Who says, girls are difficult to understand!!!!). But then no denying the fact that he helped me genuinely and every possible time that i had asked him to(but not expected to), and all this sitting some distant country, far from India :)

So crux of all is that there are strange people and stranger ways of meeting them.You never know who out of the blue gonna come and help you out of your problem ( Sounds as if there are shaktimaans' roaming around the world.;) )I don't know if i can call "Y" a friend, or its a bit early for that,whatever, one thing is for sure, it has been great knowing a person like him ,coz i always thought whether i understand anything else about him or not, at least i know, he is one of those "friend in deed , friend indeed" types.

Hope to meet many more such interesting personalities in my professional life ahead!!!!

PS: Hope there are less criticisms coming from "Y" this time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List